From: sgordin(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Twisting of rebar
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 11:43:33 -0800

Harold,

I can see how a long enough rebar can be twisted 360 degrees.  The thing is - will is stay that way, or can the needed plastic (permanent) torsional deformation to 90 degrees be achieved without rendering the rebar non-usable?

By the way, coming from so many grateful engineers, those beers may be really bad for your health.  Hopefully, as it goes now, the government will force you to stay healthy...

V. Steve Gordin, SE
Irvine CA