RE: Can anybody answer this?

In general the start time on issues like "statute of limitations" begins when the defect is discovered.  The law is not sympathetic to de-mobilization.  If the law was sympathetic to de-mobilization, it would be like the "tail light" warranty.  That is that the warranty is in force until you no longer see the tail lights.

Regards, Harold Sprague

From: mragaven(--nospam--at)gibb.intnet.mu
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Can anybody answer this?
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 10:04:19 +0400

I have a simple question concerning contractual issues:

Will a Contractor be in breach of contract (assume FIDIC IV 1987 CoC are used ) if the Employer instructs him to carry out work during the defects liability period after the Contractor has demobilised and a Taking Over certificate has been issued and the Contractor refuses to do so?

This is always assuming that there is nothing to the contrary in the Contract Documents.

Lets have some answers!

Best Regards
Murvin Ragaven
Project Engineer

 GIBB
GIBB (Mauritius) Ltd
71, Sayed Hossen Road
Solferino
Mauritius
Telephone:  Off:  +230 402 1900  Fax:  +230 427 6800
Web: http:/www.gibbmauritius.com
Legal Disclaimer

This email is intended solely for the addressee(s) and the information it contains is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient (a) please delete this email and inform the sender as soon as possible, and (b) any copying, distribution or other action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance upon it is prohibited and may be unlawful. Every effort is made to keep our network free from viruses. However you should review this email message as well as any attachment thereto for viruses. We take no responsibility for any computer virus which may be transferred via this email and we do not accept any liability for damage that you sustain as a result of software viruses.

50 years

Since 1958

See how Windows® connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your life Click here