Sent: Friday, November 07, 2008 10:29
Subject: Slab on grade

For our typical 4? slab on grade (non-structural slab) we call out #4 at 24?o.c. each way.

We just got by a building official plan review for not meeting the 3? min. clearance for concrete cast next to earth.  For a non-structural slab I have never worried about the bottom clearance, maybe I should be?

Any thoughts?  Is there a exception for non-structural concrete not needing the 3? clearance?

Jason