Re: Roof height for A-Frame

David

I would extend the wall studs to the top of the pony wall elevation and ledger the floor on the wall.  I know what you described is what a contractor will typically do but it is not safe. I have seen many a short wall with 3/4" - 1" deflection at the top 4 months after construction.  There is no way to correct it at that time. You hope the roofing is light weight.

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA