Re: Roof height for A-Frame

Okay, that's what I was thinking as well, although it doesn't seem to jive...

I am looking at a URM (unreinforced masonry, err... brick) building.  The pony wall along the long edges which the rafters bear is the URM wall, extending only 4 courses above the second floor sheathing, about 12".  The gable end walls are brick that extend to the roof ridge.  Seismic will govern either force direction due to its mass.

any other thoughts given some more detailed information?  Thanks again for everyone's input.