Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
STRESS AND FORCE[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: STRESS AND FORCE
- From: "SGE Structural" <sgordin(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 09:30:33 -0800
Struggling through the 2007 AASHTO BDS, I fail to understand one very basic thing. There was a good thing invented once, called stress, why the new codes use forces instead?
The use of forces - as those of resistance or loading - is so less informative, and does not give the same feel for the performance of material/component.
Of course, all new equations allow conversion into stress, but why the change?
V. Steve Gordin, SE
- Prev by Subject: RE: stemwall cutting
- Next by Subject: Re: STRESS AND FORCE
- Previous by thread: RE: Roof height for A-Frame
- Next by thread: Re: STRESS AND FORCE