Sg rods at purlins

I have a question on sag rods. The project that I am working on is a pre-manufactured building (unknown manufacturer) with a roof slope of 1:12. The 8" deep roof zee purlins span 24 feet and there is an L3/4x3/4x 12 gage angle at the midspan that intersects the purlins about 5" down from the top. Based on the photos, the angles are not continuous from purlin to purlin and seem to be offset vertically, i.e. come in different heights on either side of the purlins. We are upgrading the roof system for higher snow and seismic loads and need to infill with new matching purlins to get the spacing down. Do you have any idea whether these angles are sag rods? Since the roof panels are already inplace, our thinking was that the sag rods could be cut away since the new infill purlins could be installed and screwed to the roof panels.