Re: Water Bag Load Testing

Matthew:

I have unfortunately found it necessary to load test a number of
concrete structures and have used bulk sand, barrels of water, and
water pools.  For your situation, the water pools would likely be the
most practical.  Use plastic sheeting and plywood forms to temporarily
hold the water over one area.  Then reuse the water and materials in
the next area.  This method is relatively simple and straightforward,
and therefore, relatively inexpensive.  However, all load tests are
fairly expensive because of the required instrumentation and
monitoring.

Good luck,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Richardson, Texas