Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
1.2 stress increase[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: 1.2 stress increase
- From: "Mark D. Baker" <shake4bake(--nospam--at)verizon.net>
- Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 21:34:09 -0800
Per ASCE 7-05, when using equations with overstrength factor (ASD), section 126.96.36.199 allows a 1.2 stress increase. I can’t find anywhere in the code where this increase is disallowed for steel, including AISC 341.
For some reason it is floating around in my brain that the 1.2 incr is not allowed for steel….am I imagining this?
Mark D. Baker
- Prev by Subject: [no subject]
- Next by Subject: Re: 1.2 stress increase
- Previous by thread: RE: Glazing Blast Loads
- Next by thread: Re: 1.2 stress increase