RE: Flush Moment end plate connections

Bill,

Of course we all have a laboratory in which we validate all those empirical
formula and coefficients published in the codes. And we all apply proof
loads to the real thing to make sure our structural models are valid. And we
don't go accepting manufacturers test results, or those of building research
establishments unless validated by independent laboratories.

So is there really a difference between assuming a design method in a code
is valid, versus published breaking loads are valid, versus assuming a
software implementation of the code is valid?

At some point we make assumptions. The mathematical theories are full of
them. :)

Just saying. Given the easiest way to work through the theory is to build a
spreadsheet, in which case engineering software not worth buying.

Regards
Conrad Harrison
B.Tech (mfg & mech), MIIE, gradTIEAust
Adelaide