FW: Wood SW compression check

Title: Message

I'm not aware of the "industrial standard" either. Note that for compression forces from multiple sources, the basic ASD load combinations of 2006 IBC may be favorable (give lower loads). There are cases where Wind is used in the calculations in combination with reduced live load (see Eq. 16-13).

HTH

Buddy

John "Buddy" Showalter, P.E.
Director, Technical Media
AF&PA/American Wood Council
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
P: 202-463-2769
F: 202-463-2791
http://www.awc.org

The guidance provided herein is not a formal interpretation of any AF&PA standard.  Interpretations of AF&PA standards are only available through a formal process outlined in AF&PA's standards development procedures.