Concrete Bearing Pressure at Base Plates

If you have a steel ordinary moment frame, that is designed for the maximum force that can be delivered, and the column base is fixed, is the bearing pressure at the base plate subject to the “maximum force….” ?  I’m getting some very large pier sizes using the “maximum force….”, and I’m wondering if it is required.  I can’t find any reference to this in the steel manual, the steel seismic manual or the ACI code.

Thanks,

Joe

Joseph R. Grill, PE

Verde Valley Engineering, PLLC