Re: K distance encroachment

There is discussion about it in the AISC Seismic Provisions.  See commentary section C6.3. and C7.5.

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:16 AM, Joseph R. Grill <jrgrill(--nospam--at)cableone.net> wrote:

I am stuck with using a doubler plate at a moment connection at  a OMF.  AISC Design Guide 13 references table 9-1 of the manual for the allowable encroachment into the "k" distance.  I'm assuming this is one of the older manuals since I can't find it in the 13th edition.  Is this still valid and can anyone email that table to me if it is still valid?  Or, if it is in the 13th edition where is it?  I can't find it there.

Thanks,

Joe

Joseph R. Grill, PE

Verde Valley Engineering, PLLC