Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: K distance encroachment[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: K distance encroachment
- From: "Joseph R. Grill" <jrgrill(--nospam--at)cableone.net>
- Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 14:31:11 -0700
Wesley and David,
Thank you, that table is what I was looking for, although Section C7.5 would seem to be at odds with the Design Guide 13.
See page 10-7 of the 13th ed. manual. It looks like what you want.
Wesley C. Werner
From: Joseph R. Grill
I am stuck with using a doubler plate at a moment connection at a OMF. AISC Design Guide 13 references table 9-1 of the manual for the allowable encroachment into the “k” distance. I’m assuming this is one of the older manuals since I can’t find it in the 13th edition. Is this still valid and can anyone email that table to me if it is still valid? Or, if it is in the 13th edition where is it? I can’t find it there.
Joseph R. Grill, PE
Verde Valley Engineering, PLLC
- Prev by Subject: RE: K distance encroachment
- Next by Subject: LA CA Geotechnical Engineer Recommendation
- Previous by thread: RE: K distance encroachment
- Next by thread: Concrete Bearing Pressure at Base Plates