Snow Drift From Higher Structure

ASCE 7 restricts the affects of drift from adjacent structures to within 20 feet of higher structures.  This seems to be only a horizontal limitation and they place no restriction on vertical distance.  There must be a point where drift from a higher structure will diffuse in the same wind event that causes the drift before it reaches a low roof.  But I am not familiar with any literature that addresses this topic.  Does anyone know of any reports or data to confirm or deny my theory?  I am working on a building that is lower than an adjacent building by approximately 10 stories so I think it might be a judgement call if there is no definitive resources available.

Thanks,
Jeremy