Re: Snow Drift From Higher Structure

I have never come across such a provision in ASCE either. Even if there is literature to back-up using a reduced snow load, you may be in violation of ASCE if you use it without it being recognized in some manner within ASCE (or without ASCE at least giving an open-ended statement on being able to use engineering judgement for cases of large vertical offsets). I would be afraid a building inspector could shut the building down without having some sort of backing per ASCE.

WH