Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Expansion Joint in Building[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Expansion Joint in Building
- From: edmondo san jose <engr_mondo(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 18:25:58 -0800 (PST)
Just wondering the requirements for expansion joints in building--in Saudi, they require a building (50m x 100m for instance) to provide expansion joints for every 50m in both horizontal dimensions. Please advice if it is needed to separate the building into two parts including the structure below the ground--grade/tie beams. I understand, that it is needed for thermal expansion. What does other do?
- Prev by Subject: ETABS _ General Section
- Next by Subject: Re: Expansion Joint in Building
- Previous by thread: Re: Snow Drift From Higher Structure
- Next by thread: Re: Expansion Joint in Building