Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 18:25:58 -0800
From: engr_mondo(--nospam--at)yahoo.com
Subject: Expansion Joint in Building
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

Hi,

Just wondering the requirements for expansion joints in building--in Saudi, they require a building (50m x 100m for instance) to provide expansion joints for every 50m in both horizontal dimensions. Please advice if it is needed to separate the building into two parts including the structure below the ground--grade/tie beams. I understand, that it is needed for thermal expansion. What does other do?

TIA,

Mondo

Color coding for safety: Windows Live Hotmail alerts you to suspicious email. Sign up today.