Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: OCBF Requirements[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: OCBF Requirements
- From: Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 03:27:28 +0000
The metal building people got nailed on that one for no good reason. They had to put in the exception to allow tension only to keep all of the thousands of metal buildings standing. It was one of those code developer oops moments. |
Regards, Harold Sprague
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 20:36:29 -0500
Subject: Re: OCBF Requirements
I remember reading you can use tension only now but I am not sure about a line of resistance that has a compression only diagonal. I am not sure I would want to do that anyway. But it may still be allowed by AISC, I am not sure.
On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 8:20 PM, Yousefi, Ben <Ben.Yousefi(--nospam--at)mountainview.gov> wrote:
Proud to be a PC? Show the world. Download the “I’m a PC” Messenger themepack now. Download now.
- Prev by Subject: Re: OCBF Requirements
- Next by Subject: RE: OCBF Requirements
- Previous by thread: Re: OCBF Requirements
- Next by thread: RE: OCBF Requirements