Re: Seismic code for Iraq

When I initially said nothing was listed for Iraq, i was just looking at table for wind and snow loading...    I found my error just as i clicked "send."  Good luck.

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Gautam Manandhar <Gautam_Manandhar(--nospam--at)ci.richmond.ca.us> wrote:

David:

Thank you for your response.  The UFC manual gives Ss and S1 on Table D-2 for Baghdad and Basra – the project is in Baghdad.  At least, that is a start.

Gautam

From: David Topete [mailto:d.topete73(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 3:18 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Seismic code for Iraq

but they don't show anythign for iraq...  great...  sorry.  Good luck, gautam.

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 3:16 PM, David Topete <d.topete73(--nospam--at)gmail.com> wrote:

it's UFC 3-310-01

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 3:15 PM, David Topete <d.topete73(--nospam--at)gmail.com> wrote:

There is a UFC document listing seismic and wind criteria for global military installations.  I Believe it is UFC 3-310-00.  Search http://www.wbdg.org/ccb/browse_cat.php?o=29&c=4,

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Gautam Manandhar <Gautam_Manandhar(--nospam--at)ci.richmond.ca.us> wrote:

List Members:

I have been approached to provide structural design service for a project in Iraq.  I am looking for some info on lateral design requirements.  I presume the US Army would have some sort of design manual for Iraq.  Is anybody aware of one – I would appreciate a web link to such a document.

Does anyone have access to the wide flange steel beam section properties – the drawings call for HEA240, HEA300, and IPE360.  I believe these conform to European standards.

Gautam

--
David Topete, SE

--