Re: seismic forces

Aren't the accelerations based on the 10% at 50 year event?  So, that means New Madrid and Summerville have the potential for very large accelerations for the 475-year event.  The fact that the Hayward fault (which I live on) is more active is because you have the Pacific plate rubbing constantly on the North American plate, or vice versa.  If I'm off, I'm sure I'll be corrected.  That's my just my view from basement...