Use old 2D autocad typical details when putting plans together in Revit?

I've never used a BIM model for putting together plans.  I am getting thrown
into a project using Revit where the 65% plans are due to soon, without
training of course.

I haven't talked with anyone directly about their detail sheets when they use
BIM models for their plans.  It seems like you don't want to draw all your
connections, slab on grade details etc... in 3D model space and put your text
for them in paper space.  It kind of defeats the purpose of typical details.

Do people use their old  2D Autocad typical connection details and just use
the BIM model for the framing and foundation plans?

Thanks.