Re: Use old 2D autocad typical details when putting plans together in Revit?

You load the 2D typical details in Revit and edit accordingly,,,

--- On Tue, 11/25/08, Ashwin Ranga Swamy <aswinpe(--nospam--at)hotmail.com> wrote:
From: Ashwin Ranga Swamy <aswinpe(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Use old 2D autocad typical details when putting plans together in Revit?
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Date: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 10:03 AM

As a starting point I would suggest a hybrid set - major structural elements in
REVIT and details in AutoCAD. Assuming it is a steel framed building, get all
your major steel framing in the model based on the Architectural background. It
gets too cumbersome when you try to show every nut and bolt into the Revit
model. You could show the sizes of the footings but rebar and details could be
in your AutoCAD drawing. In this manner, you can still use the 2D standard
details.

Structural engineers have adapted the best to BIM since they have been working
with 3D analysis packages like ETABS and RISA for a very long time.

Hope this helps.

Ashwin Ranga Swamy, P.E.
Los Angeles, California