From: Oz Oz [mailto:trw2006(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 4:25 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Corrosion Protection for long-term non-cast rebars

Hi,

We are constructing a metro station outer structure and due to work schedule some part of main rebars (above slab level) need to stay open (non-cast) for about 4-5 months in winter season.

In order to prevent the rebars which will stay in open air for long time until cast, I am looking for an economical product where I can spray (or paint) the rebars which will prevent rebars from corrosion and also will not affect bonding when concrete is cast several months later. I know that there are some rebars which are pre-coated before installation but in my case I need post-coating or something after partially cast.

I will appreciate if anyone can advise me such product (coating or paint, or grout, etc) where I can find some application references and bonding strength will not be affected.

Thanks in advance,

Oz