From: Harold Sprague [mailto:spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 3:14 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Cost Effective Mechanical Lap Splice?

I like the Erico's, but you have to be careful with the Dayton's.  The last I knew, if you required a #5, you had to splice with a #6 because the Dayton threading reduced the cross sectional area of the bar.  The Lenton's use a tapered thread that would develop the full strength of the bar.

Correct me if this is not accurate today.  It has been a while since I used a Dayton splice.

Regards, Harold Sprague