Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Moment Resisting Frame[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Moment Resisting Frame
- From: edmondo san jose <engr_mondo(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 20:41:09 -0800 (PST)
I'm referring to the recently published by The Concrete Society---Guide to the Design of Concrete Structures in the Arabian Peninsula (http://www.concrete.org.uk/bookshop/detail.aspx?ID=1222). I want to use this recomendation together with UBC 1997 seismic parameters:
Ca= 0.060 (minimum from the above guide for Sc soil profile in Zone AG)
Cv= 0.083 (minimum from the above guide for Sc soil profile Zone AG)
R= ? (this is my question--what type of "moment resisting frame" should be using in Zone AG)?
From: Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 10:54:49 PM
Subject: RE: Moment Resisting Frame
Apparently you are referencing an older code. The use of Rw and the term seismic "zones" has been discontinued for quite some time.
That said, if you are in a region of low seismic risk as set forth in ACI 318-05 Section 22.214.171.124, you do not need to design for the seismic provisions of Chapter 21. But you may have some detailing to which you need to comply which is listed in Section 126.96.36.199.
Regards, Harold Sprague
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 19:40:33 -0800
Subject: Moment Resisting Frame
Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your Hotmail® account.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Moment Resisting Frame
- Next by Subject: Re: Moment Resisting Frame
- Previous by thread: RE: Moment Resisting Frame
- Next by thread: Re: Moment Resisting Frame