From: Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 10:54:49 PM
Subject: RE: Moment Resisting Frame

Mondo,
Apparently you are referencing an older code.  The use of Rw and the term seismic "zones" has been discontinued for quite some time.

That said, if you are in a region of low seismic risk as set forth in ACI 318-05 Section 21.2.1.2, you do not need to design for the seismic provisions of Chapter 21.  But you may have some detailing to which you need to comply which is listed in Section 21.2.1.2.

Regards, Harold Sprague