Pressure treatment of wood

Does anyone have any information about the pressure treatment of wood.

Per the CBC 2304.11 I specified that the wood must be "naturally durable or preservative treated I.A.W. AWPA U1 standards. Well the contractor bought some paint that is intended to be put on the end of wood members that are already treated, once it is cut.

So can wood actually be treated in the field?

Thanks
Erik Gibbs
Structures Inc
Laguna Beach, Ca