Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
ASCE wind on parapets[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: ASCE wind on parapets
- From: "Joe Goldbronn" <jgoldbronn(--nospam--at)barrish.com>
- Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 13:35:17 -0800
How are the wind forces on parapets to be applied to the MWFRS (section 188.8.131.52.4)? Are you to apply both the +1.5*q windward and the -1.0*q leeward pressures onto the same parapet? This would in essence create a 2.5*q total force on each parapet of a structure. This seems to be a larger force than I would expect for the parapets which makes me wonder if I am interpreting the code correctly.
Joe Goldbronn, PE
- Prev by Subject: ASCE investigation of Katrina and WTC-Assoc. Press Story
- Next by Subject: RE: ASCE wind on parapets
- Previous by thread: RE: Cost Effective Mechanical Lap Splice?
- Next by thread: RE: ASCE wind on parapets