Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: ASCE wind on parapets[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: ASCE wind on parapets
- From: "Gordon Goodell" <GordonGoodell(--nospam--at)harmonydesigninc.com>
- Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 15:34:59 -0700
These are net pressures, so essentially 1.5*q is your worst case rocking the parapet onto the building and q is the worst case trying to topple it off the edge.
How are the wind forces on parapets to be applied to the MWFRS (section 184.108.40.206.4)? Are you to apply both the +1.5*q windward and the -1.0*q leeward pressures onto the same parapet? This would in essence create a 2.5*q total force on each parapet of a structure. This seems to be a larger force than I would expect for the parapets which makes me wonder if I am interpreting the code correctly.
Joe Goldbronn, PE
- Prev by Subject: ASCE wind on parapets
- Next by Subject: Re: ASCE wind on parapets
- Previous by thread: ASCE wind on parapets
- Next by thread: Re: ASCE wind on parapets