Re: Moment Resisting Frame

Thanks for all the who responded and shared their own opinions.

All the best,

Mondo

From: Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 2:53:13 PM
Subject: RE: Moment Resisting Frame

I do not have this book.  It is difficult to mix and match codes of various time periods.  In general in areas of low seismic demand, it is permissible to use an ordinary moment frame.  That said, the ordinary moment frames of today are not the same as those of previous codes.

Again, I am not familiar with the book that you have referenced.  But in general, you should be fine with an ordinary moment frame.

Personally, I like to make sure that I have proper embedment with the bottom bars to assure a measure of ductility just to account for concrete shrinkage.

Regards, Harold Sprague