DYNAMICS: Machine Run-Up

Any one ever done a time-history dynamic analysis involving rotating equipment "running up" from a standing start?

What did you consider?

I've got a machine skid with excitation loads from the vendor running full-out at 30,000 RPM, and he recommends a linear relationship for speeds less than that (I.e. Half the load amplitude at 15,000 RPM). Oh, and the skid's sitting on a steel platform, which is why this is critical.

I'm using STAAD.PRO and I guess I could code it for discrete time- stops along the way but I'm not sure how accurate it'd be.

Any other suggestions?

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Via iPhone 3G