Re: foundation and slab for houses affected by fire

I have done only a couple of these and they were about 15 yrs. ago. We reused the slabs. However my experience is that ususally clients want to make numerous changes in rebuilding footprint and thus it is usually a toss-up about whether to try to reuse portions or not. On one job I had to get a testing company to prove that the concrete was still capable of 2000 psi (which was what we used prior to about 8 yrs. ago. and before we increased to 2500 psi.)

Stan Scholl, P.E.

Laguna Beach, CA

Visa, MasterCard, AMEX & Discover. Compare Offers & Apply Online. Click here!