re: fire damaged slab

I agree with Dave Gaines, the slab and foundations should not have been structurally compromised or damaged badly by your average house fire. Look for spalling or cracking as he stated, though what residential slab-on-grade doesn’t have cracks in it from curing or settlement? The things I would be concerned with if walls collapsed during the fire, whether they were wood or CMU, and did they cause damage to the foundation.

The second thing would be the local/state code requirements. In Florida we would be required to bring the entire structure up to Code requirements for that level of repair. The old foundation may or may not meet the current requirements, and you may have to do some digging to get as-built info.

Andrew Kester, PE

Orlando, FL