Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Wind Load on Wood Fence[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Wind Load on Wood Fence
- From: "Jeff Smith" <jeffsmith7(--nospam--at)comcast.net>
- Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 18:04:08 -0800
I was hoping there might be a simplified procedure. The the 97 UBC allowed 75% of the normal force method for fences less than 12'.
From: Conrad Harrison [mailto:sch.tectonic(--nospam--at)bigpond.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 5:53 PM
Subject: RE: Wind Load on Wood Fence
Seems the right approach to me. We use pressures on free standing walls for fences. If open then use the drag force coefficients for open framing ( AS1170.2). When using ASCE7-05 looks like need to go elsewhere for open framing drag forces.
B.Tech (mfg & mech), MIIE, gradTIEAust
- Prev by Subject: RE: Wind Load on Wood Fence
- Next by Subject: Re: Wind Load on Wood Fence
- Previous by thread: RE: Wind Load on Wood Fence
- Next by thread: Re: Square notch on wf beams