RE: Wind Load on Wood Fence

I was hoping there might be a simplified procedure. The the 97 UBC allowed 75% of the normal force method for fences less than 12'.
Jeff

From: Conrad Harrison [mailto:sch.tectonic(--nospam--at)bigpond.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 5:53 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Wind Load on Wood Fence

Jeff,

Seems the right approach to me. We use pressures on free standing walls for fences. If open then use the drag force coefficients for open framing ( AS1170.2). When using ASCE7-05 looks like need to go elsewhere for open framing drag forces.

Regards

Conrad Harrison

B.Tech (mfg & mech), MIIE, gradTIEAust

Adelaide