From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 6:30 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Wind Load on Wood Fence

Oh, I do, I do!!  My clients definitely hire me to perform fundamental research on such critical, essential, and vital, lifesaving structures as 6' fences.  You betcham.

And I am sooooo glad that we have Powers That Be who feel it necessary to require us to jump through such hoops.

I just picked the 25 out of the air, altho I do recall that a long time ago most of the residences I deigned used a wind pressure of 25 psf, without 50 pages of research to arrive at.

Ralph