Re: Wind Load on Wood Fence

In a message dated 12/18/08 6:04:25 AM, t.w.allen(--nospam--at)cox.net writes:
What percentage of wood fences fail due to wind load?
I'm just askin'.

Good question.  66.67% of my back yard fences failed one windy night a few years ago.  Both side yard fences pretty much blew over -- of course they were rotten to the core.  The back fence is very sheltered and much newer and didn't.

I'm sure this is a statistically significant sample and will cause a complete revision of the code requirements for fences.   :)

Ralph

One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000025)