Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Wind Load on Wood Fence[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: t.w.allen(--nospam--at)cox.net, seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Wind Load on Wood Fence
- From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:51:40 EST
In a message dated 12/18/08 6:04:25 AM, t.w.allen(--nospam--at)cox.net writes:
What percentage of wood fences fail due to wind load?
I'm just askin'.
Good question. 66.67% of my back yard fences failed one windy night a few years ago. Both side yard fences pretty much blew over -- of course they were rotten to the core. The back fence is very sheltered and much newer and didn't.
I'm sure this is a statistically significant sample and will cause a complete revision of the code requirements for fences. :)
One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000025)
- Prev by Subject: RE: Wind Load on Wood Fence
- Next by Subject: Re: Wind Load on Wood Fence
- Previous by thread: RE: Wind Load on Wood Fence
- Next by thread: Re: Wind Load on Wood Fence