Re: Wind Load on Wood Fence

Playing devil's advocate, let's say you design and build a 100' long fence per Case C, making the end 8' stronger, as the code apparently aliows.

Then someone tears down the end 10' or 20', then what?

I think that's why we design even zero-lot-line homes for lateral wind loads, in spite of their being sheltered by their neighbors.

I've heard that trees at the edge of a natural forest are somewhat shorter and stronger than those within the body of the forest.  It was "proven" by some experimenters who shook selected potted trees daily as they grew.

Thought you'd want to know.

Ralph