Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Special Concrete Shear Walls[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Special Concrete Shear Walls
- From: m sh <book21212121(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:50:48 -0800 (PST)
I am trying to figure out if I am looking at this wrong, or if the code is wrong. I have a tilt-up concrete panel, it takes a small load, and the wall has two piers a 7' pier and a 4' pier. Special boundary elements are not required, so I fall under Section 126.96.36.199 (ACI-318 08), if my ratio is greater than 400/fy my reinforcement must satisfy 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206(a or c). Now my ratio is greater than the required so I must satisfy those two sections this gives me a spacing, for a 7 ¼ panel, of 2.4” based on the minimum dimension * 1/3. This seems to be wrong, I am thinking that the code should read “Where special boundary elements are not required by 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168, (a) or (b) shall be satisfied”, not “(a) and (b)”.
Thank you for any assistance.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Southern Calif residential Engineers
- Next by Subject: Square notch on wf beams
- Previous by thread: RE: Wind Load on Wood Fence
- Next by thread: Wind forces