Re: Wind Load on Wood Fence

I can hear Him right now:  "Permit?  I ain't got to have no stinkin' permit!"

Ralph

In a message dated 12/18/08 11:41:11 AM, jeffsmith7(--nospam--at)comcast.net writes:
Ralph,

You got me thinking why city trees are not required to be permitted and analyzed for wind load.  ;)
The amount of damage caused by falling trees and branches is significant.

From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 8:59 AM
To: gehrlich(--nospam--at)nahb.com; seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Wind Load on Wood Fence

I've heard that trees at the edge of a natural forest are somewhat shorter and stronger than those within the body of the forest.  It was "proven" by some experimenters who shook selected potted trees daily as they grew.

Thought you'd want to know.

Ralph

One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000025)