Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Wind forces[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: Tarekmokhtar(--nospam--at)earthlink.net, seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Wind forces
- From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 17:43:59 EST
Yes, they were all destroyed by being hit with a wind pressure of 16 psf!
In a message dated 12/18/08 2:15:33 PM, Tarekmokhtar(--nospam--at)earthlink.net writes:
I believe this design wind pressure stayed until and including the 1982 UBC, and all these buildings
designed under these codes were destroyed >:-o
Tarek Mokhtar, SE
Ahhh, for the good ol' days!
From the UBC 1949:
Sec. 2307 (b): For purposes of design the wind pressure shall be taken upon the gross area of the vertical projection of buildings and structures at not less than 15 psf for those portions of the building less than sixty feet (60') above ground . . . ".
Hugh Brooks, SE
One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.
One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000025)
- Prev by Subject: Re: Wind forces
- Next by Subject: RE: Wind forces
- Previous by thread: How to get out of this blog
- Next by thread: RE: Wind forces