Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Wind Load on Wood Fence[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Wind Load on Wood Fence
- From: "Jim Getaz" <jgetaz(--nospam--at)shockeyprecast.com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 07:50:57 -0500
Our neighbor’s fence leaned way over in a windstorm only 2-3 years after it was built. I think one post broke. But it is tall – maybe 10’. I’m sure it was not designed – after all, it was only a fence.
I suggested he guy it with some small wire, saying he probably did not even need to tighten it too much and maybe even every other post, as the guys would provide some damping to the waving of the fence.
He did and it hasn’t moved again.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Wind Load on Wood Fence
- Next by Subject: RE: Wind Load on Wood Fence
- Previous by thread: Re: Wind Load on Wood Fence
- Next by thread: RE: Wind Load on Wood Fence