From: Thor Matteson [mailto:thor(--nospam--at)yosemite.net]
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 8:02 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Wind Load on Wood Fence

Great thread!

So far the most salient question has not been asked, although Bill came
close when he asked how many fences have blown over:

How many *injuries* have been caused by wood fences blowing over?

For those of you who have had fences blow over, were you seeking shelter
from the storm next to your old fence? <:-)  Just a guess, but I'll bet that

falling trees and  limbs cause FAR more injuries than falling wood
fences....  (If a new code section for tree & branch analysis is added,
someone please shoot me.)

Thor Matteson
www.shearwalls.com