Building Code and Other National Standards

I'm looking for the area in the IBC which 'allows' the use of other approved national standards.  I have a spec that calls out the IBC and provides the site criteria (wind design criteria, seismic design criteria, ...)  A vendor is supplying an AWWA steel tank including foundation.  I thought I remembered a section of the code that said that directed you to the industry specific codes when applicable.

Anyone have an idea where this exists in the code?

Paul.
Phoenix, AZ