From: Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)fluor.com [mailto:Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)fluor.com]
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 12:22 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Building Code and Other National Standards

Paul,

You may find what you are looking for in ASCE 7 Section 15.4.1 - 1 (c) and for your specific case look at ASCE 7 Section 15.7.7, "Water Storage and Water Treatment Tanks and Vessels".

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

"Paul Blomberg" <paul.blomberg(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
12/22/2008 11:10 AM
Please respond to seaint
seaint <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
Building Code and Other National Standards

I'm looking for the area in the IBC which 'allows' the use of other approved national standards.  I have a spec that calls out the IBC and provides the site criteria (wind design criteria, seismic design criteria, ...)  A vendor is supplying an AWWA steel tank including foundation.  I thought I remembered a section of the code that said that directed you to the industry specific codes when applicable.

Anyone have an idea where this exists in the code?

Paul.
Phoenix, AZ