ASCE 7-05 and IBC 06

List,

My question may be quite basic, but I would appreciate very much your opinion. Is there any discrepancy/ies between of SDs and SD1 values from IBC 2006 vs ASCE 7-05 when you input the same Latitude and Longitude into the Seismic Hazard Curve and Uniform Hazard Response Spectra? (program downloaded from http://earthquake.usgs.gov/research/hazmaps/design/). I checked many locations using the IBC 2006 pull down menu, and then ASCE 7 Standard, and found the values for SDs and SD1 are identical respectively.

I was advised by Building Department that only ASCE 7-05 is accepted though. Does it make any difference if the site is located in California? Any hints is greatly appreciated.

Phuong Nguyen

CM/ Construction Division

Port of Los Angeles

(310) 732-3537

This electronic message transmission contains information from the Port of Los Angeles, which may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the content of this information is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original message and any attachment without reading or saving in any manner.