Re: Happy Holidays

Warren Buffett recently said that we need more civil engineers than financial engineers.

Ralph Kratz wrote:
Apropos of nothing:

"To top it off, we've fallen into a trend of diverting and rewarding the best of our collective I.Q. to people doing financial engineering rather than real engineering. These rocket scientists and engineers were designing complex financial instruments to make money out of money -- rather than designing cars, phones, computers, teaching tools, Internet programs and medical equipment that could improve the lives and productivity of millions."

Column "Time To Reboot America" by Thomas L. Friedman, New York Times, 12-24-09

Happy Holidays!

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA
Sent from my iPhone 3G