RE: Happy Holidays

Good one. Recently read on SF Chronicle, something like: Rise of MBAs == Decline of Economy

-Suresh Acharya, S.E.

From: Ralph Kratz [mailto:rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 12:53 PM
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Cc: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Happy Holidays

Apropos of nothing:

"To top it off, we've fallen into a trend of diverting and rewarding the best of our collective I.Q.
to people doing financial engineering rather than real engineering.  These rocket scientists and engineers were designing complex financial instruments to make money out of money -- rather than designing cars, phones, computers, teaching tools, Internet programs and medical equipment that could improve the lives and productivity of millions."

Column "Time To Reboot America" by Thomas L. Friedman, New York Times, 12-24-09

Happy Holidays!

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA

Sent from my iPhone 3G