Re: Wind Load Topographic Effects

Conrad

Now the tough question if you have a rectangular building say 20 x 40ft.  When you calculate the wind load for the long side do you use 40' or 44.7' ??   Then what is length for the short side 20' or 28.3' ??

I am not sure for short direction. any ideas ?

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA