Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
wood glue[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: wood glue
- From: "Mark D. Baker" <shake4bake(--nospam--at)verizon.net>
- Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 09:37:27 -0800
Does anyone have recommendation for a wood glue used in a field repair of wood beam.
I have an 8x10 with a bit of dry rot. I can remove the dry rot in its entirety by cutting a 2.5” x 36” piece out of the top of beam. I am considering doing so and gluing a piece of 3x8 into the removed portion.
I have checked the beam capacity for a reduced section and found it to be o.k. so I don’t actually need to consider the patch returning strength to the section, although I would like my repair to be structural.
Mark D. Baker
- Prev by Subject: Wind Provision Seminar
- Next by Subject: RE: wood glue
- Previous by thread: Re: new job web site
- Next by thread: RE: wood glue