wood glue

Does anyone have recommendation for a wood glue used in a field repair of wood beam.

I have an 8x10 with a bit of dry rot. I can remove the dry rot in its entirety by cutting a 2.5” x 36” piece out of the top of beam. I am considering doing so and gluing a piece of 3x8 into the removed portion.

I have checked the beam capacity for a reduced section and found it to be o.k. so I don’t actually need to consider the patch returning strength to the section, although I would like my repair to be structural.

Regards,

Mark D. Baker

Baker Engineering