Re: Paying for clarification

We have/had a similar situation up here in Anchorage. Due to overflow and the backlog at the Municipality, they let a contract to let a firm in the Northwest do review. I followed their comments and had no problems in understanding what their concern was and how to respond.

David Fisher wrote:

Believe it or not, we actually have a pretty good system here now in Chicago.

We can elect to by-pass the City plan reviewers and obtain a “structural peer review”

From a certified peer reviewer.

We find the comments to be more in line with “real word conditions” and the process

Much more expeditious and worthwhile.

No more comments like:

*/“David, what if your building suddenly grew to a mile long?”/*

No joke.

David L. Fisher SE PE

Fisher and Partners - Cayman

372 West Ontario Chicago 60610